Got a sister, mother, daughter or want to treat yourself? Then buy this made in the USA sweater.

By Mary Rose Roberts
In a previous post, I mentioned I was waiting for the delivery of Element EcoWear’s Century Sweater. It was worth the wait. I tore open the U.S.P.S. priority mail box and pulled out a package wrapped in mahogany tissue paper. Within was the must-have sweater of the season.

The dark chocolate color Century Sweater is accentuated with a bronze, two-way zipper and matching snaps. The feel was exceptional.  It’s rare I find a sweater that doesn’t irritate my skin. So when I pulled this number over my head, I fell in love. It’s soft enough to sleep in and fits me to a tee.

The sweater is made by Of the Earth in Bend, Ore., which makes organic men’s, women’s and baby’s apparel as well as home wares with a mission statement of "bringing organic sustainable products to the world's market." The sweater is only 40% bamboo with the rest made of organic cotton. The owner of Element, Dallas Fairbanks, said that the result is a sweater that is “not as unusually soft as most of our other clothing, which is more like 80% bamboo.  But, it is such a great style.” If that’s the case, I cannot wait to try more from Fairbanks’ online retail store. I love this sweater.

As far as fit, I bought a medium. Women with longer torsos, arms or larger chests may want to size up as the sweater is true to size.  Personally, I can see myself wearing this for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment