Brita, Helping the Green Movement, One Bottle at a Time


By Bridget Drymiller
One of my favorite accessories, if you can call a bottle an accessory, is my Brita filter water bottle. I live in a warm place and am constantly drinking water. The problem is I don’t want to feel like I’m drinking pool water. The water here is highly chlorinated and also has a dirty taste. I mean it literally tastes like wet dust. It’s not pleasant for drinking at all! While I hate buying bottled water, I have been doing it for quite a while, mainly because of the convenience factor. Not only is this more expensive, it’s also horrible for the environment! Needless to say I’ve been looking for a water bottle that filters for quite a while. One of my coworkers suggested I look into the Brita bottle, he swears by it.
This bottle is exactly what I have been looking for. I am able to use any of the sinks or faucets at my work and still have great tasting water. It has a screw in, replaceable filter, is BPA free and super portable. It even has a built in loop so you can carry it around. I’ve been using it for a couple months now and haven’t had any problems with it. I’ve heard and read that people have had issues with it leaking, but so far I haven’t run into that issue. Yes, it is a little harder to drink out of since the water has to be squeezed through the filter. However, it’s worth the little bit of extra effort to be more green conscious with the added bonus of saving money at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment