Get an energy boost with berry energy boost smoothie

By Mary Rose Roberts
Because of a chronic illness, I am supposed to avoid caffeine. But inevitably during a busy workday, I crash mid-morning and crave an energy boost of some kind. Today, in honor of #meatlessmonday, I made my almond-milk smoothie. I use organic blueberries and strawberries because remember, the nonorganic variation is on the Dirty Dozen list of toxic foods.  The recipe is quick and simple. It also is low in calories at about 100 per serving.

Berry Energy Boost Smoothie #meatlessmonday
½ cup of almond milk
1/3  cup of frozen, organic blueberry and strawberry mix

Add the milk to a blender and then berries. Start the blender at stir and slowly move up to puree. If the mixture is too thick, add almond milk ¼ cup at a time.

Serves 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment