Grilled Sesame Chicken with Pickled Cucumber Salad

By Anna Fischer Wulff
Delicious, healthful and garden fresh!  I love it when I can just hit up my container gardens for herbs and veggies.  And since I don't eat meat, the chickpeas in the salad gave me the protein I needed while my husband enjoyed the extra texture they provided along with his chicken. 

Ingredients

  • 1  15oz can of chick peas, rinsed
  • 1/2  seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
  • 1/2  cup basil leaves, torn 
  • 1  shallot, thinly sliced
  • 2  tablespoons  olive oil 
  • 2  teaspoons  red wine vinegar
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 2  tablespoons  sesame seeds
  • 2  teaspoons  paprika
  • bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds)

Directions

In a medium bowl, toss the chickpeas, cucumber, basil, and shallot with the oil, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.

Heat grill to medium. In a small bowl, combine the sesame seeds, paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.

Remove the skin from the chicken and discard. Sprinkle the chicken with the sesame seed mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere. Grill, covered, until cooked through, 9 to 10 minutes per side. Serve with the chickpea salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment