Grandpa's peanut butter cookies are a gluten-free delight

I’ve learned a lot from my grandpa-in-law, John Ivan. He’s taught me how to be a loving spouse, how to sew a quilt block and how to make the tastiest gluten-free desserts. This is because his late wife Mary Ann, who we lost earlier this year, had a gluten intolerance—just like me. Because of her intolerance, I lucked out by inheriting grandparents who made nothing but gluten-free desserts.

One of my favorites is grandpa’s gluten-free peanut butter cookies. They are simple to make and delicious. The best part is that they can be whipped up quickly with items already in the pantry and fridge. The worst part? Trying to get one before my husband eats them all.

Grandpa's Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
2 cups sugar
2 cups natural peanut butter (of your liking)
2 eggs

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, add sugar and eggs. Mix well. Add the peanut butter and mix. Cool the mixture for 30 minutes. When chilled, use a teaspoon to scoop out the mixture and roll it into balls. Place each one a few inches apart on a parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Use a fork to make crisscrosses.

Cook for 10 minutes. Makes three dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment